The safety and well-being of our employees and guests is our #1 priority.
Update Nov 20/2020
We continue to work hard to minimize the potential for COVID-19 transmission, including frequent sanitation of high-risk surfaces with hospital grade cleaning solvents, increased hand washing, minimizing direct contact and instructing employees to stay home if they have any symptoms or have traveled recently.
By order and direction of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce their level of social interactions and travel.
NEW ORDER, and updates as per NOVEMBER 18, 2020
- You, our valued guest, should only visit a restaurant with people in your household or core bubble.
- Reservations for private parties that include more than one household or core bubble must be cancelled
- Face masks must be worn at all times, except when seated at your designated table. We understand that some guests has medical grounds for not wearing mask, as well as small children that are excluded from the order
OUR REGULAR PLAN ALREADY IN EFFECT, WITH SOME ADDITIONAL CLARIFICATIONS:
Us and our Staff:
- Staff is required to self asses before coming to work, and is required to stay at home if they have any symptoms. If anyone would have any symptoms, they would be asked to do a COVID-19 test, and need a confirmed Negative result and no symptoms before returning to work
- Staff is required to wear mask during regular opening hours, when they are moving around in the spaces shared by other workers or guests. Staff does not need to wear mask outside regular operating hours, within the premise, if they can keep 2 meter distance from other staff members.
- All debit machines are cleaned after every use.
- We are using serving tables to maintain and take extra caution. All your drinks and food will be served on the serving table.
- Liquor may only be served to guests who are seated
- We have determined the maximum number of patrons who can be accommodated safely on our premises, taking into consideration the requirements set out in the sections above.
Maximum allowed number of guests (not including staff) inside the building is 50
- We will monitor our premises and remind guests to maintain a distance of two meters from one another, and if we see there is someone not following the rules, the guest will be asked to leave.
- Background music and any other background sounds, such as from televisions or other electronic sound producing devices, will be no louder than the volume of normal conversation.
- As you arrive at the restaurant, we are collecting your name and phone number, from one guest in each party, for the purpose of contract tracing. This information is kept on file for 30 days as required. Information will not be used for anything else, and will be destroyed from our files after 30 days.
- When seated at the table, please “scooch” in, to help us, our guests and staff, stay apart.
- Guests must be seated and able to maintain a distance of two meters from other guests unless they are separated by physical barriers.
- Guests will be assigned to a table, booth or counter and shown to their seats. Guests must stay in the seat assigned to them and must not move from table to table.
- Guests must remain seated in all premises, except to use washroom facilities or leave the premises.
- There must be no more than six guests seated at a table or booth, even if they belong to the same party.
- There must be two meters between guests seated at a counter, unless the guests are in the same party.
We, managers and staff, continue to work hard on the sanitizing and cleaning protocols, and appreciate that you treat our staff with kindness.
No verbal abuse will be tolerated, they are not the ones that has set the rules. If any abuse occur you will be asked to leave immediately.
Thank you for your co-operation and continued support.
POSTED MAY 2020
We have taken a number of steps to minimize the potential for COVID-19 transmission, including more frequent sanitation of high-risk surfaces with hospital grade cleaning solvents, increased hand washing, minimizing direct contact and instructing employees to stay home if they have any symptoms or have traveled recently.
Over the past weeks and months, we have faced some of the most difficult challenges any of us have ever experienced. Since our closure on March 17, we have navigated our way through this by finding ways to turn our inventory and supplying the community with home cooked frozen meals, in house cut meat and fish, supplying flour, yeast, rice and other base items when grocery stores had problems keeping items on the shelf’s. Our store was a lifeline for us, to keep busy, transform our inventory into cash and we know that it helped others along the way.
In mid may, we decided to open up for wing night, partly to start negotiating the unknown waters of being back running a kitchen in the time of COVID19, we didn’t expect the huge response we got from our community, THANK YOU, every Wednesday has been a blast, seeing Your happy faces and providing You with chicken wings, fries and poutine.
Now, we want to update you on our plans for opening the doors to our locations.
As we slowly start to open our doors, every decision we make will be with the importance of yours and our employees health and safety in mind.
- When you arrive at our restaurant, it will look a bit different than it did previously. Our “normal” main entrance will only be used for TAKE OUT and STORE PICK UP. It will also be used when the patio is closed due to weather. To ENTER THE RESTAURANT, our entrance will be on the highway side of the patio (new entrance). At all our entrance points you will find hand sanitizer, signage, QR codes for our menus and wait list sign in. You will be greeted by any available staff member who will explain our routines to You. To EXIT the restaurant, from the inside or from the patio, you will need to use the doorway onto the patio, and walk down the ramp, towards the river and out on the parking lot.
- Throughout COVID-19 we have followed the guidance of our local health authorities and Work safe BC and we will continue to look to these authorities for guidance as we move forward over the coming weeks and months. We will continue to practice and build on the strict sanitation and cleaning standards already in place.
- Hygiene Protocol training has been implemented for all employees
- Anyone that have been traveling outside Canada in the last 14 days, have had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days or present signs of illness, or have been directed to self-isolate are prohibited to enter the building, this applies to all our staff and guests alike.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all guests upon arrival and all guests visiting our restaurants will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering
- Groups will be sat six feet apart with a maximum of 6 people per table in the restaurant and on the patio
- All surfaces within the restaurant will be sanitized thoroughly between each use. All condiments, salt and pepper, table talkers will be wiped with sanitizer after each guests use as well as tables and chairs when guests leave.
- Washrooms will be sanitized every hour or after every 10 guests, whichever comes first. We do only allow one person in the bathroom at one time (unless you are in the same party)
- Single use menus will be provided one per table, or if guests prefer, they can view our entire menu online at www.thebridgebistro.com
- All guests will be asked to maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) – to help with this we have added floor markings on the dining room floor as well as on the patio and outside the building, we have also marked the “flow” of guests and staff with arrows in yellow
- All guests are required to be signed into our waitlist, due to the requests by authorities to keep one guest’s (from each party) name and phone number on file for 30 days. You can reserve a table, add yourself to the waitlist or you can ask our staff to sign you in. The waitlist is not always a “waitlist”, you will in many cases be seated at the moment you / our staff signed you in. If you have any questions, please reach out to any of our staff members.
Our guests and employees are an extension of our family and our business is nothing without our community. We are thanking you for all your support you have shown and continue to show us. We hope to see you again soon.
The Team at The Bridge Bistro