The safety and well-being of our employees and guests is our #1 priority.
We have taken a number of steps to minimize the potential for COVID-19 transmission, including more frequent sanitization of high-risk surfaces with hospital grade cleaning solvents, increased hand washing, minimizing direct contact and instructing employees to stay home if they have any symptoms or have travelled recently.
Over the past weeks and months, we have faced some of the most difficult challenges any of us have ever experienced. Since our closure on March 17, we have navigated our way through this by finding ways to turn our inventory and supplying the community with home cooked frozen meals, in house cut meat and fish, supplying flour, yeast, rice and other base items when grocery stores had problems keeping items on the shelfs. Our store was a lifeline for us, to keep busy, transform our inventory into cash and we know that it helped others along the way.
In mid may, we decided to open up for wing night, partly to start negotiating the unknown waters of being back running a kitchen in the time of COVID19, we didn’t expect the huge response we got from our community, THANK YOU, every Wednesday has been a blast, seeing Your happy faces and providing You with chicken wings, fries and poutine.
Now, we want to update you on our plans for opening the doors to our locations.
As we slowly start to open our doors, every decision we make will be with the importance of yours and our employees health and safety in mind.
- When you arrive at our restaurant, it will look a bit different than it did previously. Our “normal” main entrance will only be used for TAKE OUT and STORE PICK UP. It will also be used when the patio is closed due to weather. To ENTER THE RESTAURANT, our entrance will be on the highway side of the patio (new entrance). At all our entrance points you will find hand sanitizer, signage, QR codes for our menus and waitlist sign in. You will be greeted by any available staff member who will explain our routines to You. To EXIT the restaurant, from the inside or from the patio, you will need to use the doorway onto the patio, and walk down the ramp, towards the river and out on the parking lot.
- Throughout COVID-19 we have followed the guidance of our local health authorities and Work safe BC and we will continue to look to these authorities for guidance as we move forward over the coming weeks and months. We will continue to practice and build on the strict sanitation and cleaning standards already in place.
- Hygiene Protocol training has been implemented for all employees
- Anyone that have been travelling outside Canada in the last 14 days, have had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 10 days or present signs of illness, or have been directed to self-isolate are prohibited to enter the building, this applies to all our staff and guests alike.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all guests upon arrival and all guests visiting our restaurants will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to entering
- Groups will be sat six feet apart with a maximum of 6 people per table in the restaurant and on the patio
- All surfaces within the restaurant will be sanitized thoroughly between each use. All condiments, salt and pepper, table talkers will be wiped with sanitizer after each guests use as well as tables and chairs when guests leave.
- Washrooms will be sanitized every hour or after every 10 guests, whichever comes first. We do only allow one person in the bathroom at one time (unless you are in the same party)
- Single use menus will be provided one per table, or if guests prefer, they can view our entire menu online at www.thebridgebistro.com
- All guests will be asked to maintain physical distancing (6 feet apart) – to help with this we have added floor markings on the dining room floor as well as on the patio and outside the building, we have also marked the “flow” of guests and staff with arrows in yellow
- All guests are required to be signed into our waitlist, due to the requests by authorities to keep one guest’s (from each party) name and phone number on file for 30 days. You can reserve a table, add yourself to the waitlist or you can ask our staff to sign you in. The waitlist is not always a “waitlist”, you will in many cases be seated at the moment you / our staff signed you in. If you have any questions, please reach out to any of our staff members.
Our guests and employees are an extension of our family and our business is nothing without our community. We are thanking you for all your support you have shown and continue to show us. We hope to see you again soon.
The Team at The Bridge Bistro